Restore password on wallet

Hello. I have a problem with my wallet. Three days ago I detected that my password and seed didn’t save on my laptop. Now my wallet is open and i can see wallet address and i made «venom wallet backup», so I can log in my wallet. But I don’t remember my password so I can’t approve my transactions. How can I restore my password? Help me please. Thank you very much.

2 Likes

Follow this short guide to create a backup file which will store all your seed phrases in one file:

1. Launch the Venom Wallet extension and in the main screen click on the profile icon.
  2. You will be brought to the “Seeds” window showing the list of all connected Seed phrases, with two options: “Log out” and “Manage seeds”.
  3. Click on the “Manage seeds” option.
  4. You will be brought to the “Manage seed phrases” window. Click on the “Backup all” button.
  5. You will be prompted to select the path for your .json file.
  6. The .json file will be saved on your device.

If you are using a Chrome Browser extension and it has a single path for downloads (i.e. Downloads folder), the file will be saved to that folder without requesting to indicate the path.

Check for more info How to Create a Backup File to Enable Restoring Seed Phrases from it? | Venom Docs

4 Likes

Hi. I have already create a back up file and I login in my wallet, so I have another problem. My password wasn’t be save in my laptop, so I can’t approve my transactions. How can I recover or change my password? Thanks

1 Like

Hello. You would need your seed phrase in order to recover your account. Please read through our FAQ to know more.

2 Likes

I red FAQ and didn’t find answer on my question. If I have back up file, can I recover or change my password? Seed phrase I don’t have.

1 Like

To recover your wallet you will need your seed phrase.

2 Likes